CITIES & SIGHTS
Cruise starting from $2,199 per person
OPTIONAL LAND EXTENSION AVAILABLE Les Baux & olive farm excursion
Hosted by: Mike & Melissa Owen
YOUR JOURNEY ALONG THE RHÔNE RIVER
From Arles with its ancient, UNESCO-designated Roman monument, to Lyon, the gourmet capital of France, your senses will be enlivened. Relish the chance to become an expert in all things culinary: go in search of the highly prized “Black Diamond,” truffles; learn how best to pair decadent chocolate with wine, and discover how olives transform.
EXTRA INCLUDED FEATURES ONLY ON WINE CRUISES
- Special tours and tastings at local wineries and private cellars
- Learn about winemaking in renowned vineyards
- Onboard wine pairings with award-winning cuisine
- Your wine host will lead tastings and discussions
INCLUDED WITH YOUR FARE
- 7 nights deluxe accommodation in river view stateroom
- Unlimited wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner on board
- Fine dining at The Chef’s Table and Main Restaurant
- Sip & Sail Cocktail Hour
- Captain’s Gala Dinner and Cocktail Reception
- Exclusive Wine Cruise features including tastings, tours and discussions
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access on board
- A variety of guided shore excursions in every port
- Complimentary bicycles and helmets AMACELLO Built: 2008
- Length: 360 ft.
- Width: 38 ft. Staterooms: 73
- Passengers: 144
- Crew: 45 Itinerary subject to change
WINE HOST BIO Mike Owen, Owner of Crystal Basin Cellars
Mike Owen’s lifelong wine journey has taken him from California to France, from the cellar to the judging table, from a wine aficionado to a wine businessman. Mike and his wife Melissa own and operate Crystal Basin Cellars in the Sierra Foothills of the El Dorado appellation. Working with almost 20 different grapes provides an extensive line-up of award-winning wines. Mike has great success with Rhone varieties planted at high elevations.
You can literally taste the difference in these flavorful wines. Who doesn’t want to talk about and sip great Syrah and Mourvedre? Mike’s palate, easygoing informative approach, plus his serious, wine-geeky patter all set him up to be an All-Star host for AmaWaterways.
Crystal Basin’s winemaking history extends back nearly 40 years. Mike and Melissa lived on the Cote-d Azur for three years in the 90s. This was their playground – let them share their enthusiasm on an unforgettable trip.
Day 1 - 06 MAR 2019| ARLES, FRANCE. EMBARKATION
Welcome Aboard Wine Toast
Day 2 - 27 MAR 2019| ARLES, FRANCE
Les Baux & olive farm excursion OR “Artist Experience” Van Gogh Asylum and Carrières de Lumières OR Camargue and Aigues-Mortes Arles walking tour.
Day 3 - 28 MAR 2019| AVIGNON, FRANCE
Morning walking tour and Papal Palace Afternoon Pont du Gard OR Tastes of Avignon OR Avignon bike tour Châteauneuf-du-Pape wine tasting.
Day 4 - 29 MAR 2019| VIVIERS, FRANCE
Grignan excursion and truffle farm visit
Day 5 - 30 MAR 2019| TOURNON, FRANCE
Hermitage wine tasting OR Tain l’Hermitage hike and wine tasting OR Steam train ride OR Tournon bike tour.
Day 6 - 31 MAR 2019| VIENNE, FRANCE
Vienne walking tour OR ViaRhôna bike tour OR Mount Pipet hike.
City tour OR “Les Halles” Market OR Bike tour
Day 7 - 01 APR 2019| LYON, FRANCE
OR Beaujolais excursion and tasting